Golf Exercise Equipment (For Beginners to Pro).
Golf is a game well suited to enjoy in retirement years— that’s what most people used to think about this sport. However, things have changed now.
Many golfers are now training like professional athletes, clearly enhancing their performance. If you want to play better at the game you love and dominate on the golf course, golf equipment exercise can help you.
It’s a win-win! You will get in better shape and play golf like a pro. All you need is to follow a workout routine at the gym or home.
There are great tools for golfers, and with regular training, you can build strength, increase flexibility, and avoid injuries. Keep reading to know about these golf equipment and how to exercise with them.
What Do We Mean By Golf Exercise Equipment?
These are the exercises using specific tools designed to improve the strength and flexibility of your body parts that are vital for a consistent and perfect golf swing.
12 Pieces Of Golf Exercise Machines That Are Worth Buying
Below is the list of fitness machines for golfers you can add to your home-based gym.
- Foam Roller
- Resistance Bands
- Medicine Ball
- Pull-Up Bar
- Abdominal Wheel
- Exercise Ball
- Yoga Mat
- Cable Machine
- Weight Bench
#1 Foam Roller
Foam rollers are usually cylinder-shaped and have dense foam. These are affordable and come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Foam rollers can ease muscle pain, increase the range of motion, relieve back pain, help recovery, and relax you.
Buy an adjustable-density roller and roll before you play golf or work out. The flexibility that roller imparts to your muscles translates into swinging.
#2 Resistance Bands
These are elastic bands used for strength training. These come in various colors, indicating the level of tension.
Resistance bands are an excellent way to add power to your swing. They allow you to perform exercises that improve the rotation of your golf swing.
These are like cast-iron cannonballs with a top handle and are built with a range of weights. You can use these for lunges, shoulder presses, and lifts.
These kettlebell workouts provide the required flexibility, strength, aerobic, and target core, arms, legs, glutes, and back muscles.
#4 Medicine Ball
More traditional gym equipment, the medicine ball is suitable for rotational exercises. It is a weighted ball used for strength training and rehab injuries.
Exercise with this ball makes the back strong and flexible to endure all of the bendings and twisting involved in golf.
#5 Pull-Up Bar
These are simple and effective exercise equipment that you should own at your home gym. With these bars, you can exercise the upper body using your weight.
The pull-up bars strengthen your abs, arms, back, and chest muscles. Generally, pull-ups are considered the best way to get a solid and broad back, facilitating correct posture during the golf swing.
#6 Abdominal Wheel
Core muscles strength is critical for golf. An ab wheel improves core strength without doing crunches for hours.
It is affordable and doesn’t take much room either.
#7 Exercise Ball
Also known as a Swiss ball, balance ball, fitness ball, and more. This exercise ball is an excellent piece of gear for different core training.
These are available in different sizes. With a 10-minute exercise ball workout, you can increase balance and stability, increase back and abdominal muscle strength, improve mobility, and more.
#8 Yoga Mat
The yoga mat is not a piece of exercise equipment. However, you can achieve a clean and comfortable place to do your exercises with it.
Barbells are apparatus to use in the strengthening program. These are versatile, effective, and great tools for training and upper and lower body parts.
Barbells are mostly load-adjustable, and the standard plate-loaded Olympic barbell generally weighs around 45 pounds. Workout with a barbell can make your core muscles and shoulder strong.
#10 Cable Machine
A cable machine is for weight training and allows a variety of exercises. It strengthens your obliques and core.
You must include a set of dumbbells in your exercise equipment list. You can perform various exercises that make the posterior chain and core muscles firm and robust with a dumbbell.
#12 Weight Bench
You will need an adjustable weight bench to benefit from different exercises. The adjustable bench allows you to sit or lie down at various angles to stimulate muscles effectively.
The Golf Exercise with Gym Gears That Can Change Your Game
Below are some exercises that can improve physical strength and performance on the golf course.
#1 Landmine Clean and Press
Exercise Equipment: A barbell.
- Place a barbell on the floor with one end secured against the wall.
- Stand in front of the barbell and hold the barbell in your left hand.
- Lift the barbell and move it from left to your right hand and bring the end up.
- Make sure to shift your weight to your left side during the above step.
- Do at least 4-6 reps on each side to complete a set.
- Repeat for 3 sets.
#2 Staggered Stance Medicine Ball Slam
Exercise Equipment: A medicine ball.
- Stand with bent knees and hold the medicine ball, with your feet apart and most of your weight on the front foot.
- Rotate your body by swinging the ball up to one side.
- After the ball bounce, catch it and repeat the process.
- Do four to six reps in a set and repeat for at least three sets.
#3 Dumbbell Backswing
This exercise is meant to target the shoulders and also improve their rotation.
Exercise Equipment: Dumbbell
- Hold a dumbbell in your lead hand while maintaining a golf posture.
- Keeping that posture, bring your arm across the body, creating a half backswing posture.
- Avoid shifting the weight; let your muscles do the job.
- Return to the initial position and do 10-12 reps.
#4 Reciprocal Push-Pull
Training Gear: Cable Machine with adjustable arms and two cable pulls.
- Adjust the cable arms so that one is high while the other is low.
- Stand with one side towards the machine and knees bent.
- Hold the cable pulls in your hands, with the high arm behind you and the low one in front of you.
- The high arm should be bent at the elbow while the lower one stretched.
- Pull the lower cable towards you while pushing the higher one down.
- Retreat to the original position.
- Complete six reps on each side in a set and do three sets.
#5 Lateral Lunge with Hand Switch
Exercise Equipment: A kettlebell
- Stand straight by holding a kettlebell in front of you with your right hand.
- Make a lateral lunge with your right leg while holding the kettlebell and shift the weight to the right.
- Bend your right knee.
- While holding this position, swing the kettlebell to the opposite hand.
- Return to the initial position.
- Make sure to do 4-6 repetitions on both sides in a set. Do at least three sets.
#6 Looped Jumps
What You’ll Need: Resistance bands
- Take two resistance bands and tie them together.
- Secure these bands to the wall.
- Turn towards the opposite direction with resistance bands looping around your shoulders.
- Jump in the air and rotate 180 degrees, increasing the resistance from the band.
- Then jump back to the starting position.
- Do 3-4 jumps to complete a set and repeat for three sets.
#7 IT Band Exercises
The IT bands are connective tissues and run from the hip to the knee.
Exercise Equipment: Foam Roller
- Lie on your right side.
- Place the roller underneath your IT band.
- Put your body weight on your right forearm.
- Straighten your right leg, while your left should be bent at the knee.
- Slowly roll the foam roller on your IT band between your knee and glute.
- Repeat the process for 30 seconds for each side.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Golf Exercise Equipment?
- Lean and Strong Muscle.
How To Choose The Right Golf Exercise Equipment?
Try to find exercise equipment that is readily available, affordable, simple, and can be used for golf-specific exercises.
Training with the right golf exercise equipment enhances your performance and improves your swing and scores.
Golf is demanding now and needs professional training to engage every muscle in the body for performing better.
Leave a Reply